Re: Connection Manager, File Uploads and Internet Explorer

  • Anthony Baratta
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 2, 2006
      Just for the sake of completeness, and in the gap between the next
      release, he's how I patched Connection Manager to fix the EncType
      issue with IE.

      Replace Line 703,
      this._formNode.enctype = 'multipart/form-data';

      with this:

      if (this._formNode.encoding)
      {
      this._formNode.encoding = 'multipart/form-data';
      } else {
      this._formNode.enctype = 'multipart/form-data';
      }

      Works both in Firefox and IE, both on Windows. I did not test with
      Safari or Opera.
    • randomjuju
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1, 2006
        Hi there!

        I just wanted to chime in and say "me too." I had the same problem,
        and was very glad to see this fix. I'd also suggest that you can
        simplify the patch down to just this:

        this._formNode.enctype = 'multipart/form-data';
        this._formNode.encoding = 'multipart/form-data';

        Setting the extra attribute does no harm.

        Thanks again for figuring this out -- I look forward to seeing it
        fixed in the next release!

        -Jon

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony Baratta"