Re: [ydn-javascript] Calendar - How to select all days of the month ?

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2006
      jfasaldarriaga,

      The easiest way to select all the dates of a month is to do so when you create your calendar instance.  Here is code that would create a calendar with every date in October selected:

      <script>
      var myCal = new YAHOO.widget.Calendar("calendarEl", "calendar","10/2006","10/1/2006-10/31/2006");
      myCal.Options.MULTI_SELECT = true;
      myCal.render();
      </script>

      Once the Calendar instance has been created, you can select dates using the select method, which takes as its argument a date string or one or more Date objects.  See the documentation for this method for more on how to use it.  Note that you need to render after using select.

      Regards,
      Eric

      Eric Miraglia
      Yahoo! Presentation Platform Engineering

      On Sep 29, 2006, at 12:47 PM, jfasaldarriaga wrote:

      Can I made a function to select all days of a month ? I mean without
      any manipulation of the calendar.js ?

    • DL
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2006
        From this example of OverlayManager ...

        I am trying to extract the javascript for launching a number of dynamic containers,
        through a function which receives arguments such as "id", "x", "y").

        But if I turn this code into a function ..

        dynamicOverlay ("oDynamic"); // create dynamic container id="oDynamic"

        function dynamicOverlay (div_id) {

        // script for dynamic creation of container goes here

        }

        how do I convert javascript lines such as ..

        YAHOO.example.overlaymanager. oDynamic  = new YAHOO.widget.Overlay( "oDynamic" , {visible:true, x:400, y:250} );

        into this ..

        YAHOO.example.overlaymanager. div_id  = new YAHOO.widget.Overlay (eval('\"' +div_id+ '\"') , {visible:true, x:400, y:250} );

        i.e dynamically evaluate the object path "YAHOO.example.overlaymanager. oDynamic " throughout the function.

        The right side of the javascript works .. evaluating "div_id" argument ..

        new YAHOO.widget.Overlay (eval('\"' +div_id+ '\"') , {visible:true, x:400, y:250} );

        .
        but the left side of the script does not accept "div_id" instead of "oDynamic"

        YAHOO.example.overlaymanager. div_id  =

        this script error is generated  ..

        'YAHOO.example.overlaymanager.oDynamic'  is null or not an object

        I just need some tips on how  to concatenate an argument ("div_id") into the YAHOO object paths

        'YAHOO.example.overlaymanager.'  +div_id = new YAHOO.widget.Overlay( eval('\"' +div_id+ '\"') , {visible:true, x:400, y:250} );

        and also these lines to change ..
        YAHOO.example.overlaymanager. oDynamic .setHeader("Completely dynamic overlay");
        YAHOO.example.overlaymanager. oDynamic .setBody("I was created completely at runtime!");
        YAHOO.example.overlaymanager. oDynamic .setFooter("dynamic footer");
        YAHOO.example.overlaymanager. oDynamic .render(document.body);

        Thanks

        DL

      • DL
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2006
          On 1 Oct 2006 at 19:23, DL wrote:

          > I just need some tips on how  to concatenate an argument ("div_id") into the YAHOO object paths

          After posting my question  I found the answer ..  use square bracket notation in building object paths from passed arguments in function ..

          so if "div_id"  is the argument, I can use ..

          YAHOO.example.overlaymanager [div_id]   .. note no dot

          instead of ..

          YAHOO.example.overlaymanager .oDynamic

          DL
        • jfasaldarriaga
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2006
            Well, Im doing that but because I'll ready have the dates (from the
            DB), but my question is, doing something like that, a button with an
            onClick property that select all the dates on the current month, it's
            that posible ?

            Thx for your answer.

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 2, 2006
              jfasaldarriaga,

              As I mentioned in my previous note, it is indeed possible to select dates scriptologically using your Calendar instance's select method.

              Here is an example that does what you're inquiring about — selects all the days of the current based on a click event:

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 3, 2006
                Thx Eric for your help :)