connection postdata & file upload

  • Andrei Neculau
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2006
      I was browsing through the connect.js file, in order to get a better
      view on how it works.

      I noticed one thing: the asyncRequest method allows for a 4th
      parameter, in oder to put postData.

      When you submit the form, this postData gets added to the _sFormData
      which was built with setForm.

      But when you have a file upload, this doesn't get added!
      Wouldn't it be more natural to create elements for each of the
      postData variables, submit the form (in an iframe, since it's file
      upload), then erase the newly created elements?!

      I am doing this already... Thought it might help!
    • Thomas S. Sha
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2006
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Andrei Neculau"
        <neculau_andrei@...> wrote:

        > I was browsing through the connect.js file, in order to get a better
        > view on how it works.
        >
        > I noticed one thing: the asyncRequest method allows for a 4th
        > parameter, in oder to put postData.
        >
        > When you submit the form, this postData gets added to the _sFormData
        > which was built with setForm.
        >
        > But when you have a file upload, this doesn't get added!
        > Wouldn't it be more natural to create elements for each of the
        > postData variables, submit the form (in an iframe, since it's file
        > upload), then erase the newly created elements?!
        >
        > I am doing this already... Thought it might help!

        Thanks for raising this issue. This provision doesn't currently exist
        when uploading files, but can be facilitated through hidden fields
        appended to the document.

        Regards,
        Thomas
      • Andrei Neculau
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2006
          Yes, exactly - I'm creating INPUT elements of type HIDDEN!

          Maybe in a future release, it could get implemented!

          Regards,
          Andrei