Re: Removing the dotted border around slider background when it has focus

  • Jack Slocum
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2006
      Mozilla, Opera and (maybe) Safari via CSS:
      -moz-outline: none; outline:0px none;

      IE is via an attribute on the element, hidefocus="true" or in script
      element.hideFocus = true;

      ---
      Jack Slocum
      Yahoo! UI - Beyond the Examples
      http://www.jackslocum.com/yui/

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Bart Gottschalk"
      <bartgottschalk@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know how to remove the dotted border around the slider
      > background image when it has focus? The slider I'm implementing has
      > images that are integrated into it's surrounding content and the
      > dotted border looks very strange when it shows up as it surrounds only
      > a part of the visual image.
      >
      > From the research I've done this appears to be controled by browser
      > configuration (res/html.css in Firefox) but I'm wondering if there is
      > a way to override this setting for a page?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Bart

    • Bart Gottschalk
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 30, 2006
        Jack,

        Thanks for the tip! The Mozilla solution works great. I haven't been
        able to test the IE side of things yet. I'll let you know if I have
        any issues with that.

        Thanks!
        Bart
      • lil_crazy_gekko
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
          Thank you for the solution.

          It works great with Firefox. I applied it to *:
          * {
          -moz-outline: none; outline:0px none;
          }

          In IE, it doesn't have the dotted outline, so no problems there.

          Xin