Removing the dotted border around slider background when it has focus

  • Bart Gottschalk
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2006
      Does anyone know how to remove the dotted border around the slider
      background image when it has focus? The slider I'm implementing has
      images that are integrated into it's surrounding content and the
      dotted border looks very strange when it shows up as it surrounds only
      a part of the visual image.

      From the research I've done this appears to be controled by browser
      configuration (res/html.css in Firefox) but I'm wondering if there is
      a way to override this setting for a page?

      Thanks,
      Bart
    • Jack Slocum
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 29, 2006
        Mozilla, Opera and (maybe) Safari via CSS:
        -moz-outline: none; outline:0px none;

        IE is via an attribute on the element, hidefocus="true" or in script
        element.hideFocus = true;

        ---
        Jack Slocum
        Yahoo! UI - Beyond the Examples
        http://www.jackslocum.com/yui/

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Bart Gottschalk"
        <bartgottschalk@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone know how to remove the dotted border around the slider
        > background image when it has focus? The slider I'm implementing has
        > images that are integrated into it's surrounding content and the
        > dotted border looks very strange when it shows up as it surrounds only
        > a part of the visual image.
        >
        > From the research I've done this appears to be controled by browser
        > configuration (res/html.css in Firefox) but I'm wondering if there is
        > a way to override this setting for a page?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Bart

      • Bart Gottschalk
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 30, 2006
          Jack,

          Thanks for the tip! The Mozilla solution works great. I haven't been
          able to test the IE side of things yet. I'll let you know if I have
          any issues with that.

          Thanks!
          Bart
        • lil_crazy_gekko
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
            Thank you for the solution.

            It works great with Firefox. I applied it to *:
            * {
            -moz-outline: none; outline:0px none;
            }

            In IE, it doesn't have the dotted outline, so no problems there.

            Xin