Re: Connection Manager, File Uploads and Internet Explorer

  • Anthony Baratta
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 29, 2006
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas S. Sha" <tsha@...> wrote:

      > I can confirmed your report for IE.

      Cool! I guess I'll have to use other situations to confirm or deny I'm
      going crazy. ;-)

      Strange that I'm the first one to run into this. Anywho - Glad you are
      on the ball and the software will be updated for the IE specific call.

      Thanks for all the help!
    • Anthony Baratta
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 2, 2006
        Just for the sake of completeness, and in the gap between the next
        release, he's how I patched Connection Manager to fix the EncType
        issue with IE.

        Replace Line 703,
        this._formNode.enctype = 'multipart/form-data';

        with this:

        if (this._formNode.encoding)
        {
        this._formNode.encoding = 'multipart/form-data';
        } else {
        this._formNode.enctype = 'multipart/form-data';
        }

        Works both in Firefox and IE, both on Windows. I did not test with
        Safari or Opera.
      • randomjuju
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2006
          Hi there!

          I just wanted to chime in and say "me too." I had the same problem,
          and was very glad to see this fix. I'd also suggest that you can
          simplify the patch down to just this:

          this._formNode.enctype = 'multipart/form-data';
          this._formNode.encoding = 'multipart/form-data';

          Setting the extra attribute does no harm.

          Thanks again for figuring this out -- I look forward to seeing it
          fixed in the next release!

          -Jon

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony Baratta"