"Magnetic" Drag&Drop with Panels

  • serbowka2
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2006
      Hi,

      I´m a Newbie to Yahoo! UI and have a problem, of course:

      In my current project I wanna make a kind of a personalized Startpage.
      My problem is: How can I realize the "magnetic" Drag&Drop with Panels
      shown e.g. on Pageflakes  ? On dragging a Panel the
      application highlights the possible target and changes the position of
      Panels in the actual grid. On drop the Panel moves to the highlighted
      target-area.

      I need only some input in thinking about how this can be realized. The
      main problem is the order and the positioning of the panels. I tried
      something with the DD-List example but I don't know, whether this is a
      good start-point.

      Thanks for any help.

      Feli
    • Neil Bailey
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 15, 2006

        Has anyone made any headway on anything like this?  We are also trying to do something akin to a ‘magnetic’ DnD…. We want users to be able to drag ‘blocks’ of content, but only to predefined locations.  Is this (relatively easily) possible, or am I dreaming an impossible dream?