fade in panel should be visible after click in IE

  • annieone_hh
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2006
      i am sorry if i may have overlooked a previous post to this problem
      but i do not really understand all javascript-expert-talk here..
      i made a testsite using a panel containing thumbnails which should be
      visible after a click on a thumbs-icon only.

      problem: it works nearly fine with firefox and safari on mac, only
      while loading the page the hidden container is showing once? with IE
      on PC the container is showing constantly?? should be hidden by css.

      testsite: http://annieone.de/bs/panel/test/index_ap.html

      anyone to help? thank you so much,
      anne
    • Steven Peterson
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2006

        Anne,

        Try setting your Panel’s markup to style=”visibility:hidden;position:absolute”. This will stop that flicker from happening when you load the page in IE.

        Steven Peterson

        Web Developer, Platform Engineering

        Yahoo!

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 28, 2006
          hi steven,

          thank you so much for answering quickly but still it isn't quite good..
          i have my css like that:

          .panel-container {
          position:absolute;
          background-color:transparent;
          z-index:6;
          visibility:hidden;
          overflow:visible;
          width:auto;
          }

          and

          .panel {
          visibility:hidden;
          border-collapse:separate;
          position:relative;
          left:0px;top:0px;
          font:1em Arial;
          background-color:#EEE;
          border:0px solid #a39987;
          z-index:1;
          overflow:hidden;
          padding:0px;
          }

          (this should be relative because meant to be centered in window..?!)

          i got another hint from chris heilmann who told me:
          The original showing up of the panel can be because of all the images being loaded inside
          it. You can work around that either by using onAvailable instead of addListener, or by
          simply hiding the panel with CSS initially.

          but when i tried with onAvailable, it didn't work anymore in any browser (maybe i tried in
          the wrong scriptfile???)

          thank you again anyway, anne