Addressbook API

  • Bill Lee
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 27, 2006
      I've searched and I've hunted, but I have not been able to find the
      services description for interacting with a user's addressbook. I've
      seen some of the usage in the Yahoo! Contacts widget, but I wanted to
      find a more straight forward description of the API rather than trying
      to reverse engineer the widget. Can anyone send me a pointer?

      Thanks,
      Bill...
    • Jens Grochtdreis
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 28, 2006
        Hi Bill,

        > services description for interacting with a user's addressbook. I've

        maybe the hCard-microformat would be helpfull for you? Combined with the
        needed parser it will get the dates into each adressbook, that is able
        to read iCal-format.

        ==> http://microformats.org
        ==> http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard
        --

        Best Regards from Germany,

        Jens Grochtdreis
        www.webkrauts.de |blog.grochtdreis.de | www.css-faq.de
      • Bill Lee
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 28, 2006
          Thanks Jens. I am looking for how to interact with the Yahoo
          addressbook. I wasn't necessarily interested in developing a new
          addressbook representation (although I will look into that).

          I thought iCal was for calendars. And I thought it was a file format,
          not a protocol.

          Bill...

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Jens Grochtdreis <listen@...>

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 29, 2006
            Bill Lee schrieb:

            > I thought iCal was for calendars. And I thought it was a file format,
            > not a protocol.

            I meant hCard, sorry. But this should interact with the Yahoo-adressbook
            as well, if Yahoo is supporting this standadized format which is easy
            for you to test, isn't it?

            --
            Viele Grüße,

            Jens Grochtdreis