Closing YUI Tab (Stop running this Script)

  • usmans1
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18 1:52 AM
      Hi All,
      I have used YUI controls to make a multi tab application. The problem is arising when i close a tab, i disposes AutoCompletes and other controls. When i close the tab and clean my memory [Javascript variables and Control] the error window arises stating "Stop running this Script". I know one turn around is to use SetTimeout, but my dispose function cannot be splitted in many functions. I want to capture this alert window and surpress it so client do not see this error. It would be a great help if some one tells me how to capture this alert/shell window and hide the error before it is being notified to the user.
      window.onerror doesnot work with this alert:(

      regards
      SU
    • Matt
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 18 3:50 AM
        Hi Su

        Far as I know there's no way to intercept it... you've got to get to the bottom of where the script is slowing up. Which isn't easy. There are some threads on the main YUI forums about this (http://yuilibrary.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=1674&start=0&hilit=stop+running+script) is one that might help.

        Matt