Re: Data Table management

  • David
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 10, 2010
      Ok. Let me clarify.

      For example, see Yahoo!mail. The behavior in Yahoo!mail is as follows:
      If I click on the first email record it gets highlighted. When I click the down arrow, the first record becomes unhighlighted and the second record becomes highlighted.
      The behavior I am getting is:
      If I click on the first email record it gets highlighted. When I click the down arrow both the first and second record are highlighted. I want to unhighlight the first record as in Yahoo!mail.

      Second issue. If I continue to press the down arrow eventually the highlighted record is no longer visible because it is out of the window view. In Yahoo!mail if I continue press the down arrow the scroll bar will scroll down so that the highlighted record is visible (in the window view). The user may scroll it out of the screen but the default behavior when using the down or up arrow would be for the window to scroll to show the currently highlighted record.

      David

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 10, 2010
        I am not sure of whether we should be talking of highlighting or of selection.  Highlighting is not supposed to happen on more than one row at a time, selection can be extended with the usual combinations of Ctrl-click or Shift-click and it also supports selection purely via keyboard.

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/datatable/#rowselect

        It is not well described how it behaves but I think that is what you are looking for.  I remember checking on the source code that handles the selection and it is not trivial, I'm afraid that if it's not what you want, it might not be easy to modify, however, I remember it works quite predictably.

        Satyam

        El 10/02/2010 20:28, David escribió:
[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional