Re: [ydn-javascript] Data Table management

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 10, 2010
      I am not sure I understand your fist problem, why shouldn't it remain highlighted?

      As for the second, what do you want it to do? To remain always visible, even preventing the user from scrolling it out of the screen?

      Satyam

      El 10/02/2010 8:27, David escribió:
      I'm having 2 problems with a table that I've created.

      The table has a vertical scroll bar.  When I click on a row it gets highlighted and data from that row is displayed as desired.

      problem 1) When I scroll to the next record it gets highlighted but
      the previously clicked record remains highlighted which it shouldn't. Information from the second row is displayed as desired.

      problem 2) As I keep scrolling down the data from the highlighted row
      is displayed as desired but the vertical scrolling does not remain in sync with highlighted record.  That is, the highlighted record is out of view. The use has to scroll to find it.

      The current event scheme is shown below.

      mDataTable.subscribe("rowMouseoverEvent",mDataTable.onEventHighlightRow);
      mDataTable.subscribe("rowMouseoutEvent",mDataTable.onEventUnhighlightRow);
      mDataTable.subscribe("rowClickEvent",mDataTable.onEventSelectRow);
      mDataTable.subscribe("rowSelectEvent", function(args){
      //access data from the currently selected row for display elsewhere.
      }

      Any ideas on how to correct the 2 problems above would be appreciated.

      Thanks.

      David

      Using YUI 2.7.

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          ydn-javascript-digest@yahoogroups.com
          ydn-javascript-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • David Fealkoff
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 10, 2010
        Ok.  Let me clarify.

        For example, see Yahoo!mail.  The behavior in Yahoo!mail is as follows:
        If I click on the first email record it gets highlighted.  When I click the down arrow, the first record becomes unhighlighted and the second record becomes highlighted.
        The behavior I am getting is:
        If I click on the first email record it gets highlighted. When I click the down arrow both the first and second record are highlighted.  I want to unhighlight the first record as in Yahoo!mail.

        Second issue.  If I continue to press the down arrow eventually the highlighted record is no longer visible because it is out of the window view.  In Yahoo!mail if I continue press the down arrow the scroll bar will scroll down so that the highlighted record is visible (in the window view).  The user may scroll it out of the screen but the default behavior when using the down or up arrow would be for the window to scroll to show the currently highlighted record.

        David

            http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/ydn- javascript/ join

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 10, 2010

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 10, 2010
            I am not sure of whether we should be talking of highlighting or of selection.  Highlighting is not supposed to happen on more than one row at a time, selection can be extended with the usual combinations of Ctrl-click or Shift-click and it also supports selection purely via keyboard.

            http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/datatable/#rowselect

            It is not well described how it behaves but I think that is what you are looking for.  I remember checking on the source code that handles the selection and it is not trivial, I'm afraid that if it's not what you want, it might not be easy to modify, however, I remember it works quite predictably.

            Satyam