Finding an event from a Menu Button

  • misteravery@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2010
      My ultimate goal is to create a Menu Button that generates a slide animation on the select-option element attached to it.

      I've successfully gotten the Menu and Animation examples on the YUI page tweaked and integrated into my own app, but I'm having problems getting a click on my Menu Button to generate an event to fire off the animation

      I'm trying to go step by step, so I figure that getting the Menu Button to fire off a simple animation should be the first step, then I'll try animating the select-option element.

      Anyways, I'm not sure if this is a scope issue (i.e. I need to put the anim object within the scope of the event listener) or if I'm using YUI incorrectly.

      The markup can be found here: http://pastebin.com/m46857a10
      The js can be found here: http://pastebin.com/m782ff0a

      Related to this question:
      What's the best way to debug? I've put alerts here and there to make sure that the thread of execution goes through but there must be a better way. I've also tried to use logger, but it hasn't been helpful. I'd like to be able to get notifications for every event generated, not just events generated on specific elements. Is this possible?

      Thanks.