How to create a custom Numeric Axis in Chart ?

  • Jose David
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 13, 2010
      Hi, I need create a Numeric Axis in Chart, for example

      (Y)
      1200

      1100

      1000 (*) Begin

      -1100

      -1200+---------------------------- (X)

      or this:

      (Y)
      1200

      1100

      1000+---------------------------- (X)

      -1100

      -1200

      in tis moment the numeric axis
       create this:

      (Y)
      1200

      1100

       0 (begin)

      -1100

      -1200----------------------------- (X)

    • tripp.bridges
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 13, 2010
        If you want the 0 mark on the y-axis to display 1000, you can use your the axis' labelFunction to accomplish this:
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/charts/#axislabels

        If I am misunderstanding your question, feel free to elaborate.

        Tripp

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Jose David" <jdirigoyen@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I need create a Numeric Axis in Chart, for example
        >

        > (Y)
        > 1200
        > |
        > 1100
        > |
        > 1000 (*) Begin
        > |
        > -1100
        > |
        > -1200+---------------------------- (X)
        >
        > or this:
        >
        > (Y)
        > 1200
        > |
        > 1100
        > |
        > 1000+---------------------------- (X)
        > |
        > -1100
        > |
        > -1200
        >

        > in tis moment the numeric axis
        > create this:
        >
        > (Y)
        > 1200
        > |
        > 1100
        > |
        > 0 (begin)
        > |
        > -1100
        > |
        > -1200----------------------------- (X)

      • Jose David
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 14, 2010

          But I need to change the data displayed in the Y Axis, at this moment the Chart autogenerates these Values with the values specificated in the Series

          var lineChart = new YAHOO.widget.LineChart( "linechart", myDataSource,
          {
          series: seriesDef,
          xField: "time",
          yAxis: currencyAxis, ---> I'd like to set this to [-1100, 1000, 1110]
          dataTipFunction: getYAxisDataTipText,
          //only needed for flash player express install
          expressInstall: "assets/expressinstall.swf"
          });
        • tripp.bridges
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 14, 2010
            The numeric axis is going to incrementally plot data points across a range based on the data. You can use minimum, maximum and majorUnit to specify the lowest, highest and increments but it will not plot data at inconsistent intervals.