is this group still active

  • brian stegner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2010
      At 12:12 AM +0000 1/12/10, rolfsf wrote:
      >I don't see much activity here..., and there are many unanswered
      >posts. Is there a better, more active forum to post questions about
      >YUI?

      I just read. But there have been about 955 on-topic posts in the last 14 weeks.

      I've noticed that most of the informed folks tend to post in the
      earlier hours of the morning. (Meaning, early business hours 6-10 AM,
      Pacific time).

      As helpful as the people here are, I'm thinking many of them are
      real-World developers, and the more knowledgeable ones are almost
      certainly involved, directly, in Yahoo's YUI project. Hence,
      on-the-clock, and, no doubt, expected to produce, i.e., work.

      There are blogs belonging to many of the developers, there's an
      over-arching YUI blog at www.yuiblog.com, and extensive documentation
      (and links) both on-site at www.developer.yahoo.com and at
      yuilibrary.com, and issues are dealt with (responded to), here,
      rapidly and coherently.

      And to answer the question regarding the existence of a "better, more
      active forum" ... well, I seriously doubt it.

      Best regards,
      Brian Stegner