Re: [ydn-javascript] multiple row delete

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2010
      http://www.satyam.com.ar/yui/2.6.0/deleteRowsBy.html

      El 06/01/2010 10:57, bahalul kabir escribió:
      Hi satyam,
      I am using checkbox in datatable. Is it possible to delete multiple row with single click? Deleting single row with single click is working.

      Anyone can help.

      Thank you
      Kabir

    • bahalul kabir
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 7, 2010
        Satyam,
        Thanx for your link but  data delete only with first page not deleteing  next page .I mean it does not work with pagination.
        Is there any clue?

        Kabir

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 12, 2010
            Hi satyam,

            YAHOO.widget.DataTable.prototype.deleteRowsBy = function (condition)
            {
                var start = 0, count = 0, current = 0;
                recs = this.getRecordSet().getRecords();

                alert(recs)
                // for 2nd page output for alert(recs)
             ,,,,,,,,,,[object Object],[object Object][object Object][object Object][object Object][object Object][object Object][object Object][object Object][object Object]    // pagination per page 10
                while (current < recs.length)
                 {

                    if (condition(recs[current].getData())) { // Error here:  recs[current] is undefined
                                delete here
            How can I omit above undefined(,) value from recs?
            If possible pls help anyone.

            Bahalul kabir

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 12, 2010
              As I've said, it will not work with server side pagination, it only works with client side or no pagination. I don't mean to make it work with server-side pagination because it is too dependent on the client-server communication.  With server-side pagination, not all items in the RecordSet are filled in with actual records, they are placeholders for records that might eventually come. Since those are not available at the client side, I cannot test the condition on them.  If the condition purely depended on the action of the visitor, they would have been in memory, but if the condition is some sort of generic filter that might apply to records not loaded, then, it would render inconsistent results, which is one more reason this method cannot be incorporated into the library, there are too many situations that are dependent on the application.

              To skip over empty records, those that are not loaded client-side, simply change:

                if (recs[current] && condition(recs[current].getData())) {

              That will not produce this error, but I cannot guarantee it will produce the desired result on your application.

              Satyam

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 12, 2010
                Thanx satyam, For client side its working .And to delete from database I just sent async request inside the loop and thats working too.
                Thanx once again.