Re: [ydn-javascript] DataTable Cell Editor for HTML-formatted data

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 30, 2009
      You should place the code to fill the editor with the value to edit in method resetForm.  You might also need to override method focus to set the focus in the editing window of the RTE if it doesn't show there already.

      RTE is not really my strong point so don't address questions on that to me because I will probably be unable to help you.

      Satyam

      El 30/12/2009 20:39, Brian McCullough escribió:
      Satyam,

      So near and yet so far.

      I am now able to do everything that I need to do, up to the point where the Editor window opens.  It is a valid RTE window, but just does not have any content.

      This is understandable, since I don't think that the cell has any content at the point where the Editor is rendered.  However, at the point where it is opened and shown to the user, I need to inform the Editor about the content.  This is handled in "normal" RTE code by having "editor.setEditorHTML( content of textarea )" in cases where you want to dynamically change the content of the Editor.

      I thought of using showEvent, but found that there are many different showEvents.

      I now have "this.subscribe( "showEvent", function( oArgs ){ rte.setEditorHTML( this.textarea.value ); }); " inside the render() method of the RTECellEditor, but that doesn't seem to work.  I am sure that I am missing something obvious, so I would appreciate a kick in the right direction.

      Thank you,
      Brian

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          ydn-javascript-digest@yahoogroups.com
          ydn-javascript-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Brian McCullough
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 30, 2009
        On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 09:24:43PM +0100, Satyam wrote:
        > You should place the code to fill the editor with the value to edit in
        > method resetForm.

        Thank you. That was exactly the cue that I needed. It Lives!

        > You might also need to override method focus to set
        > the focus in the editing window of the RTE if it doesn't show there
        > already.

        Thanks, I will keep that in mind. At the moment, I don't think it is necessary.

        > RTE is not really my strong point so don't address questions on that to
        > me because I will probably be unable to help you.

        I understand that. That's why I was focusing on how to use the Cell Editor.

        > Satyam

        Brian