Re: [ydn-javascript] How to secure asyncSubmitter with DataTable

  • Christian Tiberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 15, 2009
      Session variables in whatever language you write in server-side is what I use, PHP and $_SESSION in my case.

      Best regards,
       Christian Tiberg

      2009/12/15 JohanA <alfweb09@...>

      I am using Inline Cell Editing with DataTable to update values in a database. I am considering using asyncSubmitter to send the new data to the server in JSON.

      When using asyncSubmitter, is there a way to ensure that the origination of the request to the server came from a legitimate client? With the ConnectionManager, I use "user-specific signatures" for this purpose to validate the client. Is something similar possible with asyncSubmitter and JSON?

      Thanks,

      Johan

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 16, 2009
        In the asyncSubmitter, you get to establish the communication with the
        server in whichever way you wish, it just provides a place to hook your
        asynchronous communication, it doesn't do it for you or force you to do
        it in any specific way. It just puts everything on hold until you've
        done. You are quite free to validate your transaction in any way you care.

        Satyam