Datatable: gray out a row? get a hold of a cell ?

  • wizard_files3
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 15, 2009
      Hi. This might be a newbie questions, but I really need an answer to them.

      1) How do I get a hold of a particular cell? (I have all data in JSP, but I need a particular row/cell in order to change its value at runtime). Should I give all cell specific names? Search by row?

      2) How do I gray out a row?
    • Mark Jarecki
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 15, 2009

        Hi all,

        I'm looking into implementing an app with web workers and YUI3, however, am wondering how to give the worker access to the YUI3 library.

        My current method works, but is obviously missing a means of importing YUI3. I've tried importScripts() to no avail.

        If anyone has a quick example or suggestions on how to do this, that would be greatly appreciated.

        Thanks,

        Mark

        HTML
        <!DOCTYPE html>
        <head>
          <script type="text/javascri pt" src="path/to/ yui/build/ yui/yui-min. js"></script>
        </head>
        <script type="text/javascri pt">
        YUI({

        base: 'path/to/yui/ build/',
        combine: false,
        modules: {
        worker: {fullpath:'path/ to/worker. js'},
        manager: {fullpath:'path/ to/manager. js', requires: ['base', 'view', 'worker']}
        },
        timeout: 10000

        }).use('manager' , function(Y) {

        Y.on("domready" , function(){

        var ManagerPages = Y.Base.build( "managerPages" , Y.Manager, [Y.ManagerPages] );
        var mp = new ManagerPages( );
        }, Y);

        });
        </script>

        manager.js
        YUI.add("manager" , function(Y) {

            var Manager,
            MANAGER = 'manager',
            $D = Y.DOM,
            $L = Y.Lang,
            $J = Y.JSON,
            isBoolean = $L.isBoolean;

           Manager = function(config) { Manager.superclass. constructor. apply(this, arguments); };

        Y.mix(Manager, {
        NAME: MANAGER,
        ATTRS: {

        someATTR: {
        value: false,
        validator: isBoolean
        });

        Y.extend(Manager, Y.Base, {
        _worker: null,
        initializer: function(config) {

        //initialise exchange worker
        try {

        this. _worker = new Worker('http: //127.0.0. 1/static/ js/exchangeworke r.js');
        this. _worker.onmessage = function(e) {
        if (e.data == "nay") {
        alert("the worker responded");
        };
        }
        this. _worker.postMessage ("yay");

        } catch(e) {

        alert('Unable to create worker: ' + e.message);
        return;

        });

        Y.Manager = Manager;

        }, "3.0.0");

        worker.js
        onmessage = function(e){
        postMessage( "nay");
        };
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 16, 2009
          wizard_files3 escribió:
          > Hi. This might be a newbie questions, but I really need an answer to them.
          >

          > 1) How do I get a hold of a particular cell? (I have all data in JSP, but I need a particular row/cell in order to change its value at runtime). Should I give all cell specific names? Search by row?

          In what circumstance? In response to a user click or such or when
          drawing them or what?
          > 2) How do I gray out a row?

          Method getTrEl() returns the TR HTML element and then you can user
          YAHOO.util.Dom.addClass to add a className that will provide the graying
          out.

        • wizard_files3
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 16, 2009
            Thank you. Satyam, for your response!

            My scenario:
            -I receive data from Ajax call (I don't want to use DataSource for now).
            -Based on the data received, I need to find a specific row by one of the columns with unique identifier
            -Update a cell in that row
            -How can I do that if my row is in Datatable?

            p.s. If I assign an id <td id='something'> to my td before Progressive rendering, would I still be able to access it by that id, and Datatable will pick up this dynamic change?

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 17, 2009
              You explanation simply expands the same question without adding any more
              info. Do you:

              a) Want to transform the data being presented to the user before the
              user sees it? If so:
              1) does it apply to several fields? It is related to formatting?
              2) is there a particular field that you need updated? Can it be
              located by any piece of data within the record?
              b) Want to allow the user to click on a cell, edit it and save the change

              Id's coming from the HTML table will not be preserved. You have to
              completely separate the presentation stuff from the underlying data. In
              DataTable you operate on the data and let the DataTable deal with the
              presentation. There are hooks to allow you to control some aspects of
              that presentation but basically you leave it to the DataTable. You
              don't go accessing the HTML elements because what you want to deal with
              is the data, that is what is going into the database server or wherever
              it is stored.

              Satyam