Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Editable table inside modal dialog

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 14, 2009
      Now it makes sense. Method render would recreate the complete markup
      for the cell editor and place it, once again, in documentBody. Your
      solution is good.

      doAfterRender is meant to be overriden by BaseCellEditor subclasses but
      currently none of them does so you are safe. If any of them eventually
      did and if the overriding subclass does not call its superclass
      version, which it would hardly care to do, your repositioning would
      fail. This is not a problem right now, just something for you to keep
      in mind , possibly add a comment to the effect wherever you added the
      patch.

      I would normally prefer to use a more generic thing like
      this.getDataTable() instead of myDataTable, but by the time render is
      called (at least the first time), the cell editor has not been attached
      to any DataTable and such call would probably return null. Anyway, this
      is but a patch.

      Have you added yourself to the CC: list for that bug? Then you would be
      notified once it is fixed. Also, add your patch to the list of possible
      solutions, explaining that you need it so because you are populating the
      dynamically. Developers will thank you for that in the future, and so
      do I in the present.

      Satyam

      david.bill1982 escribió:

      > Hi, The dropdown cell editor was populated on cellClickEvent of the
      > datatable. And i call column.editor.render() there. The issue is fixed
      > by adding the following code along with your code:
      > YAHOO.widget.BaseCellEditor.prototype.doAfterRender = function() {
      > myDataTable.getTableEl().parentNode.appendChild(this.getContainerEl()); };
      >
      > Please comment on this.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Bill

    • david.bill1982
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 14, 2009
        Hi Satyam,

        Thanks for your quick reply. You really helped me to solve this.I will definitely add this to the list of possible solutions.

        Thanks,
        Bill