Re: [ydn-javascript] submenu selector

  • Todd Kloots
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2006
      "meowmints" -

      If you want to provide your own image path for the
      submenu indicator images, you'll also need to change
      the root path using the "IMG_ROOT" constant. It is
      documented here:

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/menu/YAHOO.widget.MenuModuleItem.html#IMG_ROOT

      However, I already provide 1px x 1px GIF that you can
      use. If you use the following code it should do the
      trip for you:

      YAHOO.widget.MenuItem.prototype.SUBMENU_INDICATOR_IMAGE_PATH
      = "promo/m/irs/blank.gif";

      YAHOO.widget.MenuItem.prototype.SELECTED_SUBMENU_INDICATOR_IMAGE_PATH
      = "promo/m/irs/blank.gif";

      YAHOO.widget.MenuItem.prototype.DISABLED_SUBMENU_INDICATOR_IMAGE_PATH
      = "promo/m/irs/blank.gif";

      Lastly, you don't want to use "display:none" to hide
      those images entirely as they are critical to a Menu
      instance's screen reader accessibility. That image
      node's alt text is used by the YUI Menu API to
      communicate the state of the item's submenu (weather
      it is expanded or collasped). The image also has a
      special onclick handler applied to it that enables
      users browsing with a screen reader to hide and show
      submenus.

      I hope that information is helpful to you. Good luck
      with your project.

      - Todd

      "http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/nt/ic/ut/alt1/menuarorght8_nrm_1.gif"