Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Editable table inside modal dialog

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 14, 2009
      What happens to them? "doesn't work" doesn't say much. Can you show us
      a working example?

      Satyam

      david.bill1982 escribió:
      > Hi,
      >
      > This is working fine for TextboxCellEditor.But not for other editors like YAHOO.widget.DropdownCellEditor and YAHOO.widget.DateCellEditor.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Bill

    • david.bill1982
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 14, 2009
        Hi,The dropdown cell editor was populated on cellClickEvent of the datatable. And i call column.editor.render() there.The issue is fixed by adding the following code along with your code:YAHOO.widget.BaseCellEditor.prototype.doAfterRender = function() { myDataTable.getTableEl().parentNode.appendChild(this.getContainerEl()); };

        Please comment on this.

        Thanks,
        Bill
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 14, 2009
          Now it makes sense. Method render would recreate the complete markup
          for the cell editor and place it, once again, in documentBody. Your
          solution is good.

          doAfterRender is meant to be overriden by BaseCellEditor subclasses but
          currently none of them does so you are safe. If any of them eventually
          did and if the overriding subclass does not call its superclass
          version, which it would hardly care to do, your repositioning would
          fail. This is not a problem right now, just something for you to keep
          in mind , possibly add a comment to the effect wherever you added the
          patch.

          I would normally prefer to use a more generic thing like
          this.getDataTable() instead of myDataTable, but by the time render is
          called (at least the first time), the cell editor has not been attached
          to any DataTable and such call would probably return null. Anyway, this
          is but a patch.

          Have you added yourself to the CC: list for that bug? Then you would be
          notified once it is fixed. Also, add your patch to the list of possible
          solutions, explaining that you need it so because you are populating the
          dynamically. Developers will thank you for that in the future, and so
          do I in the present.

          Satyam

          david.bill1982 escribió:

          > Hi, The dropdown cell editor was populated on cellClickEvent of the
          > datatable. And i call column.editor.render() there. The issue is fixed
          > by adding the following code along with your code:
          > YAHOO.widget.BaseCellEditor.prototype.doAfterRender = function() {
          > myDataTable.getTableEl().parentNode.appendChild(this.getContainerEl()); };
          >
          > Please comment on this.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Bill

        • david.bill1982
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 14, 2009
            Hi Satyam,

            Thanks for your quick reply. You really helped me to solve this.I will definitely add this to the list of possible solutions.