Re: Editable table inside modal dialog

  • david.bill1982
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 13, 2009

      This is working fine for TextboxCellEditor.But not for other editors like YAHOO.widget.DropdownCellEditor and YAHOO.widget.DateCellEditor.

      Thanks,
      Bill
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 14, 2009
        What happens to them? "doesn't work" doesn't say much. Can you show us
        a working example?

        Satyam

        david.bill1982 escribió:
        > Hi,
        >
        > This is working fine for TextboxCellEditor.But not for other editors like YAHOO.widget.DropdownCellEditor and YAHOO.widget.DateCellEditor.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Bill

      • david.bill1982
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 14, 2009
          Hi,The dropdown cell editor was populated on cellClickEvent of the datatable. And i call column.editor.render() there.The issue is fixed by adding the following code along with your code:YAHOO.widget.BaseCellEditor.prototype.doAfterRender = function() { myDataTable.getTableEl().parentNode.appendChild(this.getContainerEl()); };

          Please comment on this.

          Thanks,
          Bill
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 14, 2009
            Now it makes sense. Method render would recreate the complete markup
            for the cell editor and place it, once again, in documentBody. Your
            solution is good.

            doAfterRender is meant to be overriden by BaseCellEditor subclasses but
            currently none of them does so you are safe. If any of them eventually
            did and if the overriding subclass does not call its superclass
            version, which it would hardly care to do, your repositioning would
            fail. This is not a problem right now, just something for you to keep
            in mind , possibly add a comment to the effect wherever you added the
            patch.

            I would normally prefer to use a more generic thing like
            this.getDataTable() instead of myDataTable, but by the time render is
            called (at least the first time), the cell editor has not been attached
            to any DataTable and such call would probably return null. Anyway, this
            is but a patch.

            Have you added yourself to the CC: list for that bug? Then you would be
            notified once it is fixed. Also, add your patch to the list of possible
            solutions, explaining that you need it so because you are populating the
            dynamically. Developers will thank you for that in the future, and so
            do I in the present.

            Satyam

            david.bill1982 escribió:

            > Hi, The dropdown cell editor was populated on cellClickEvent of the
            > datatable. And i call column.editor.render() there. The issue is fixed
            > by adding the following code along with your code:
            > YAHOO.widget.BaseCellEditor.prototype.doAfterRender = function() {
            > myDataTable.getTableEl().parentNode.appendChild(this.getContainerEl()); };
            >
            > Please comment on this.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Bill

          • david.bill1982
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 14, 2009
              Hi Satyam,

              Thanks for your quick reply. You really helped me to solve this.I will definitely add this to the list of possible solutions.