Editable table inside modal dialog

  • david.bill1982
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 11, 2009

      I'm trying to put an inline editable table inside a YAHOO.widget.Dialog.

      If the dialog is a modal dialog, the editor is coming up for each cell but i am not able to edit the contents.
      For non-modal dialogs it is working perfectly.

      Please help.

      Thanks,
      Bill
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 12, 2009
        See:

        http://yuilibrary.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=1979&p=6568

        david.bill1982 escribió:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm trying to put an inline editable table inside a YAHOO.widget.Dialog.
        >
        > If the dialog is a modal dialog, the editor is coming up for each cell
        > but i am not able to edit the contents.
        > For non-modal dialogs it is working perfectly.
        >
        > Please help.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Bill

      • david.bill1982
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 13, 2009

          This is working fine for TextboxCellEditor.But not for other editors like YAHOO.widget.DropdownCellEditor and YAHOO.widget.DateCellEditor.

          Thanks,
          Bill
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 14, 2009
            What happens to them? "doesn't work" doesn't say much. Can you show us
            a working example?

            Satyam

            david.bill1982 escribió:
            > Hi,
            >
            > This is working fine for TextboxCellEditor.But not for other editors like YAHOO.widget.DropdownCellEditor and YAHOO.widget.DateCellEditor.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Bill

          • david.bill1982
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 14, 2009
              Hi,The dropdown cell editor was populated on cellClickEvent of the datatable. And i call column.editor.render() there.The issue is fixed by adding the following code along with your code:YAHOO.widget.BaseCellEditor.prototype.doAfterRender = function() { myDataTable.getTableEl().parentNode.appendChild(this.getContainerEl()); };

              Please comment on this.

              Thanks,
              Bill
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 14, 2009
                Now it makes sense. Method render would recreate the complete markup
                for the cell editor and place it, once again, in documentBody. Your
                solution is good.

                doAfterRender is meant to be overriden by BaseCellEditor subclasses but
                currently none of them does so you are safe. If any of them eventually
                did and if the overriding subclass does not call its superclass
                version, which it would hardly care to do, your repositioning would
                fail. This is not a problem right now, just something for you to keep
                in mind , possibly add a comment to the effect wherever you added the
                patch.

                I would normally prefer to use a more generic thing like
                this.getDataTable() instead of myDataTable, but by the time render is
                called (at least the first time), the cell editor has not been attached
                to any DataTable and such call would probably return null. Anyway, this
                is but a patch.

                Have you added yourself to the CC: list for that bug? Then you would be
                notified once it is fixed. Also, add your patch to the list of possible
                solutions, explaining that you need it so because you are populating the
                dynamically. Developers will thank you for that in the future, and so
                do I in the present.

                Satyam

                david.bill1982 escribió:

                > Hi, The dropdown cell editor was populated on cellClickEvent of the
                > datatable. And i call column.editor.render() there. The issue is fixed
                > by adding the following code along with your code:
                > YAHOO.widget.BaseCellEditor.prototype.doAfterRender = function() {
                > myDataTable.getTableEl().parentNode.appendChild(this.getContainerEl()); };
                >
                > Please comment on this.
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Bill

              • david.bill1982
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 14, 2009
                  Hi Satyam,

                  Thanks for your quick reply. You really helped me to solve this.I will definitely add this to the list of possible solutions.