Datatable inline editor awefully slow in IE7

  • vino_gallantguy
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2009

      I have developed a data grid with inline celleditors and it is awefully slow in IE7 and it really is a pain using it.

      The number of columns is 23 ( 15 non editable and 8 editable)

      - A local HTML Table markup is my datasource
      - I use RowFormatter
      - Formatters for each column
      - Process data and save them into a script array on editor save
      - Fixed widths for 6 of the editable columns

      The data editor works like a charm for around 5 - 10 records. When I try editing 20 + records there is a painful time lag between one editor
      save and the next editor pop up. (The UI hangs here for solid 3 seconds)

      I did not see this happen in IE6 though.

      This has become a very critical issue and looks like I will be in a deep soup if I dont figure this out.

      Is there any solution to this ? Please suggest.

      Regards,
      Vinoth