Re: DataTable column resizing with extra header row

  • Vinay
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 9, 2009

      > How about adding a full row of headers by using nested headers with one
      > top header containing each only one child header?

      Nice idea. This could work but for the fact that for a nested header, the column reordering works by dragging the top-level row header, which would be obscured by the filter input box. I tried this out with just a label in the top header row; the column resizing is restrained by the width of that label.

      Regards,

      Vinay Sajip
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 9, 2009
        Then, your only option will be to override
        YAHOO.widget.ColumnDD.onDragOver. Look at the source code because the
        API docs won't tell you much about it since it is overriding D&D's own
        method. The code itself will give you a good idea on how to manage your
        own input box. Not the most elegant but if nothing else works .....

        Satyam

        Vinay escribió:

        >> How about adding a full row of headers by using nested headers with one
        >> top header containing each only one child header?
        >>

        > Nice idea. This could work but for the fact that for a nested header, the column reordering works by dragging the top-level row header, which would be obscured by the filter input box. I tried this out with just a label in the top header row; the column resizing is restrained by the width of that label.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Vinay Sajip

      • Vinay
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 9, 2009

          > Then, your only option will be to override
          > YAHOO.widget.ColumnDD.onDragOver. Look at the source code because the
          > API docs won't tell you much about it since it is overriding D&D's own
          > method. The code itself will give you a good idea on how to manage your
          > own input box. Not the most elegant but if nothing else works .....

          Ok, thanks for the pointer.

          Regards,

          Vinay Sajip