Re: DataTable column resizing with extra header row

  • Vinay
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 9, 2009

      > Not sure if it would work but if you set the width of the input boxes to
      > a percentage value wouldn't it adjust to the size of the cell?

      No, I already thought of that - doesn't work.

      > Otherwise, how about listening to columnResizeEvent?
      >
      > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.DataTable.html#event_columnResizeEvent
      >
      > I am not sure if the width reported would be the one attempted or the
      > one effectively reached. When you find out, please let us know.

      This event is fired from the onMouseUp of the resizer and so, unfortunately, cannot be used during the drag.
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 9, 2009
        How about adding a full row of headers by using nested headers with one
        top header containing each only one child header?

        Satyam

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 9, 2009

          > How about adding a full row of headers by using nested headers with one
          > top header containing each only one child header?

          Nice idea. This could work but for the fact that for a nested header, the column reordering works by dragging the top-level row header, which would be obscured by the filter input box. I tried this out with just a label in the top header row; the column resizing is restrained by the width of that label.

          Regards,

          Vinay Sajip
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 9, 2009
            Then, your only option will be to override
            YAHOO.widget.ColumnDD.onDragOver. Look at the source code because the
            API docs won't tell you much about it since it is overriding D&D's own
            method. The code itself will give you a good idea on how to manage your
            own input box. Not the most elegant but if nothing else works .....

            Satyam

            Vinay escribió:

            >> How about adding a full row of headers by using nested headers with one
            >> top header containing each only one child header?
            >>

            > Nice idea. This could work but for the fact that for a nested header, the column reordering works by dragging the top-level row header, which would be obscured by the filter input box. I tried this out with just a label in the top header row; the column resizing is restrained by the width of that label.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Vinay Sajip

          • Vinay
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 9, 2009

              > Then, your only option will be to override
              > YAHOO.widget.ColumnDD.onDragOver. Look at the source code because the
              > API docs won't tell you much about it since it is overriding D&D's own
              > method. The code itself will give you a good idea on how to manage your
              > own input box. Not the most elegant but if nothing else works .....

              Ok, thanks for the pointer.

              Regards,

              Vinay Sajip