customizing RTEditor

  • Steffen Voß
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2009
      Hi all!

      I would like to add a thing to the advanced image button in the YUI rich
      text editor. Where do I customize that?

      There is the URL field and I would like to add a button that opens a
      popup provided by a gallery. There is such function available in Xinha.
      So it should be easy to adjust that for YUI.

      --
      Gruß
      Steffen Voß

      http://kaffeeringe.de | Internet & Kreativität

      Tel.: +49 431 88 88 68-3
      E-Mail: kontakt@...
      Skype: steffenvoss
      Jabber: kaffeeringe@...
      ICQ: 447639251
    • Dave Lozier
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2009
        Hi Steffen,

        Have a look at what was done at http://allmybrain.com/2007/10/16/an-image-upload-extension-for-yui-rich-text-editor/ by Dennis Muhlestein.

        Also, here http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/editor/imagebrowser_editor.html is a custom image browser example similar to what you have described.

        Hope that helps!

        ~Dave

        On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 2:34 AM, Steffen Voß <steffen.voss@...> wrote:
        Hi all!

        I would like to add a thing to the advanced image button in the YUI rich
        text editor. Where do I customize that?

        There is the URL field and I would like to add a button that opens a
        popup provided by a gallery. There is such function available in Xinha.
        So it should be easy to adjust that for YUI.

        --
        Gruß
        Steffen Voß

        http://kaffeeringe.de | Internet & Kreativität

        Tel.: +49 431 88 88 68-3
        E-Mail: kontakt@...
        Skype: steffenvoss
        Jabber: kaffeeringe@...
        ICQ: 447639251

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           ydn-javascript-digest@yahoogroups.com
           ydn-javascript-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • krupica piotr

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 4, 2010
            HI,

            I was wondering what the difference in the YUI DataTable API is between these 2 functions:
            1. oColumn.getKey()
            2. oColumn.getField()

            I did an alert of both of these and was getting the same strings returned.

            Thanks!

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 4, 2010
              El 04/01/2010 18:09, Eric Cire escribió:
              HI,

              I was wondering what the difference in the YUI DataTable API is between these 2 functions:
              1. oColumn.getKey()
              2. oColumn.getField()

              I did an alert of both of these and was getting the same strings returned.

              Thanks!
              In the same API you can see that the column has properties field and key and this methods reflect that, more or less.  The properties of the Column are those you set via the columns definitions when you set the table description.

              While all columns need to have a key value to identify themselves, and that key usually corresponds to the incoming field names in the DataSource.responseSchema.fields array, it doesn't need to be so.  The column can have a key value and you can use the field property to tell which field to use for that column. If you don't provide a field, DataTable will use key, which is what most people do.

              If you are using a JSON data source and used dot notation to access deeply nested fields, your fieldnames are going to be very long, that is when you might want to think of using different field and key values so you can still keep key short.

              If you don't provide a value for the field property, it will remain null, however, the getField() method will then return the key value, that's why I said "more or less", because field might be null and getField will return, as in your case, the same value that getKey returns.

              Satyam

            • Christian Tiberg