Re: TreeView, drag&drop, and how to save new order of nodes.

  • Mario
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 27, 2009
      Hello

      thanks for your replies.
      Yes, something similar is working.
      I'll try to clean the code and post it here.

      A question.
      With textNode, I may use something as
      myobj = { label: "<content>", myNodeId: "<id>" } ;
      var tmpNode = new YAHOO.widget.TextNode(myobj, root);
      and I get back the id's by node.data.myNodeId.
      But which is the trick you suggest, if I need to use HTMLNode?

      Thanks for your help
      mario

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 27, 2009
        Same thing, both HTMLNode and TextNode derive from Node and storing
        custom variables is the same in both, the difference being that
        HTMLNodes don't have a label property but instead they have an html
        property. Your custom property is the same, you simply set html instead
        of label, the rest remains the same.

        Satyam

        Mario escribió:

        > Hello
        >
        > thanks for your replies.
        > Yes, something similar is working.
        > I'll try to clean the code and post it here.
        >
        > A question.
        > With textNode, I may use something as
        > myobj = { label: "<content>", myNodeId: "<id>" } ;
        > var tmpNode = new YAHOO.widget.TextNode(myobj, root);
        > and I get back the id's by node.data.myNodeId.
        > But which is the trick you suggest, if I need to use HTMLNode?
        >
        > Thanks for your help
        > mario

        >> Since, in the end, you want a flat representation of the tree so you can
        >> store it in a database table, .....

      • Mario
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 27, 2009
          Yes, :-)