Re: [ydn-javascript] Simple dialog box question

  • David Fealkoff
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 26, 2009
      Hi Mauricio,

      Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.  I tried both methods with no success.  I can modify the header and it looks fine but am unable to trap the 'click' event with either method.  I've attached my code.  It's pretty basic so I'm at a loss.  Also I tried the link you sent me, downloaded the file which displays properly but the 'show simple dialog1' button does not open a dialog.

      Code:

      function initHowtoDialog(){
        var handleOk = function() {
        };

      // Instantiate the Dialog
        howtoDialog = new YAHOO.widget.SimpleDialog("howtouse",
         { width : "52em",
            draggable: true,
            xy: [150,150],
           visible : false,
            close: false,
           constraintoviewport : true,
           buttons : [ { text:"Ok", handler:handleOk, isDefault:true } ]
         });

        YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(Dom.get('idCloseButton'),'click',
          handleClose,howtoDialog,true);

        var handleClose = function(){
          alert('close dialog');
      //    this.hide();
        }

      // Render the Dialog
        howtoDialog.render();
      }
      In short the problem is that the 'handleClose' function never gets called and it's not clear why.  Any ideas on what I'm missing?

      Thanks.

      David

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 27, 2009
        Hi David,
                            The problem is that you have to define the handleClose() before the listener, and call the Id button with 'idCloseButton'
        Here the code

              var handleClose = function(){
                        alert(' Hi David!);
              }

          YAHOO.util.Event.addListener('idCloseButton','click',handleClose,howtoDialog,true);

        enjoy it!

        Mauricio.

        On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 4:50 AM, David Fealkoff <davidfealkoff@...> wrote:

[...]

             'set properties here'
          );

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 27, 2009
          Hi Mauricio,

          Thanks for your help and your patience.  It's working.

          Regards,

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 30, 2009
            Hi David,

            You can also use the YUI provided custom event "hideEvent" to override the default api that is used to close the modal dialog.

            For Example: profileDialog.hideEvent.subscribe(handleOk);

            This should work.

            Regards
            Praveen