Re: ContextMenu not working in IE 6 and 7

  • Bret
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2009
      I don't know your exact implementation details, but this might help. I sometimes use Menu objects (YAHOO.widget.Menu) to build context menus, then I move them to the desired location and show them on the triggering event. Sounds a lot like a context menu! But I have found the overhead to setup and run it this way works in my favor. The catch is that the menu needs to be rendered into an element at the "right level". To do this, I check to see if an element exists with a particular id, if it does, then I assume the menu is ready, if not, I insert that element, instantiate and render the menu and then show it. This way, my context menu(s) work no matter what layer(s) are shown and no matter what the modal state(s) may be of the shown panels.

      Hope that helps...

      ~~bret