ContextMenu not working in IE 6 and 7

  • ibbby21
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 20, 2009
      I am using a contextMenu with a treeView widget, it is working fine in ie8, but the context menu is not showing in ie6 or ie7. Anybody a has workaround or a solution for that problem?

      Thank you,
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 23, 2009
        Did you follow the YUI ContextMenu + TreeView example?

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/menu/treeviewcontextmenu.html

        - Todd

        On Nov 20, 2009, at 11:09 AM, ibbby21 wrote:

        > I am using a contextMenu with a treeView widget, it is working fine
        > in ie8, but the context menu is not showing in ie6 or ie7. Anybody
        > a has workaround or a solution for that problem?
        >
        > Thank you,

      • Bret
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 24, 2009
          I don't know your exact implementation details, but this might help. I sometimes use Menu objects (YAHOO.widget.Menu) to build context menus, then I move them to the desired location and show them on the triggering event. Sounds a lot like a context menu! But I have found the overhead to setup and run it this way works in my favor. The catch is that the menu needs to be rendered into an element at the "right level". To do this, I check to see if an element exists with a particular id, if it does, then I assume the menu is ready, if not, I insert that element, instantiate and render the menu and then show it. This way, my context menu(s) work no matter what layer(s) are shown and no matter what the modal state(s) may be of the shown panels.

          Hope that helps...

          ~~bret