Making sure a row that is selected is also visible

  • Christian Tiberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 18, 2009
      Hello!

      In a scrollable datatable wit "standard" selection, click the last visible row, or move to it with the arrow keys. Then press down arrow once. The next row is selected, but not visible. Bug or feature? Help needed, anyway - I'm not sure how to do the math :)

      Best regards,
       Christian Tiberg
    • Mauricio Ferreyra
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 18, 2009
        Hi Christian ,

        You can use the method scrollTo from your ScrollingDataTable,

        Example:

        myDataTableY.subscribe("keypress", fnKey, myDataTableY, true);

        var fnKey= function(e,target){
                if(e.keyCode == 38 || e.keyCode == 40){
                    myDataTableY.scrollTo(myDataTableY.getTrEl(e.target.sectionRowIndex));

        I think  too you can use the event tableKeyEvent

        Mauricio

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 18, 2009
          Yes, thank you very much, but that's not the problem. I'd need a way to tell whether I actually need to scroll the table, i.e. is the currently selected row outside the visible area? Jumping the table every time a key is pressed would look horrendous :( I'm looking for something like an isVisible method for the datatable, but can't seem to find one.

          Best regards,
           Christian Tiberg

          2009/11/18 Mauricio Ferreyra <mauriff@...>

          Hi Christian ,

          You can use the method scrollTo from your ScrollingDataTable,

          Example:

          myDataTableY.subscribe("keypress", fnKey, myDataTableY, true);

          var fnKey= function(e,target){
                  if(e.keyCode == 38 || e.keyCode == 40){
                      myDataTableY.scrollTo(myDataTableY.getTrEl(e.target.sectionRowIndex));

          I think  too you can use the event tableKeyEvent

          Mauricio

          On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Christian Tiberg <ctiberg@...> wrote:

          Hello!

          In a scrollable datatable wit "standard" selection, click the last visible row, or move to it with the arrow keys. Then press down arrow once. The next row is selected, but not visible. Bug or feature? Help needed, anyway - I'm not sure how to do the math :)

          Best regards,
           Christian Tiberg

        • Luke
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 19, 2009
            There's no method baked into DT for that, but you can compare the scrollTop of the overflow container (easy enough to find in FireBug) with the offsetTop of the selected TR.

            HTH