How Best to Override AutoComplete.prototype._clearSelection

  • Peleg
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2009
      I need to override the AutoComplete.prototype._clearSelection for some, but not all, of the instances of the AutoCompletes I have on a page.

      I've been doing some reverse engineering on the YUI code and it was not easy. But I did come to appreciate even more how really complicated a thing an AutoComplete is. And I'm really thankful that I can just download it and use it and don't have to write it from scratch.

      The question is, is there way to do this that is safer or better than the brute force method of just redefining the function? I'm worried about the maintenance nightmare I've just coded myself into every time a new revision comes out.

      I would really like to hear from a YUI developer on this, but I'll take advice from anyone.

      Thanks,
      Paul S.