Autocomplete in IE

  • phanindra valluri
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 12, 2009

      Hi All

      I have a page with more than one autocompletes, the second autocomplete (which
      located under the first) - gets over the first's container.  I am using IE 6.

      In my code I set useIFrame Property as true,  still I didnt found any solution..

      Can any one help me out...

      Regards
      Phani

    • hkjackpot
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 13, 2009
        Hi Phani,

        I use z-index to solve the gets over problem. Please see this can help you too or any better solution.

        #myAutoCompleteType {
        padding-bottom:2em;
        padding-right:8px;
        padding-top:2px;
        z-index:9022;
        width:10em;
        }
        #myAutoCompleteDesc {
        padding-bottom:2em;
        padding-right:8px;
        padding-top:2px;
        z-index:9021;
        width:10em;
        JK
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, phanindra valluri <phanindra16@...> wrote:

        > Hi All
        >
        > I have a page with more than one autocompletes, the second autocomplete (which
        > located under the first) - gets over the first's container. I am using IE 6.
        >

        > In my code I set useIFrame Property as true, still I didnt found any solution..
        >
        > Can any one help me out...
        >
        > Regards
        > Phani
        >

        > The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo! Homepage. http://in.yahoo.com/

      • ivo
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 13, 2009
          This is almost certainly a z-index issue. Review autocomplete.css, the base styling included in YUI. It sets z-index on three classes of the control that you should maintain & not attempt to override with your own styling.

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 13, 2009
            Hi Phani,

            This sounds like a known IE6 issue that can be resolved with some CSS, as described in this example:
            http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/autocomplete/ac_combobox.html

            Regards,
            Jenny

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 13, 2009
              Thanks Jenny, now its working good.

              In the same page I am using a menubar, these two autocompletes are located under the menu bar items.

              Now 2 autocompletes are ( which are located under menu bar items, for these auto completes i applied css z-index 9022 and 9021) - gets over the menu bar items, when I click on menu bar item label.

              Is there any solution for this issue.