Re: [ydn-javascript] Opera & YUI Menu

  • Todd Kloots
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 26, 2006
      Andrei -

      The background color that is added behind links is the
      way that Opera indicates that an anchor has focus. I
      don't know if there is a way to remove that background
      color, but even if there was I would suggest not doing
      so as it would be bad for accessibility. I understand
      your desire to have visual/design consistency accross
      browsers, but remember: Opera users are most likely
      expecting that visual cue and to change it could
      result in a frustrating user experience for them.

      I wasn't able to reproduce your problem with menus not
      working if they have the id "menu." Here are two
      examples, one from existing markup, the other from
      JavaScript that I tested in Opera 9:

      http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v0113/examples/menu/example13.php
      http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v0113/examples/menu/example14.php

      Are you giving multiple menus the same id of "menu?"
      If so, that could definitely cause a problem? Or
      perhaps some other element on the page has the id of
      "menu?"

      - Todd