[YUIMenubar]: Making top level menu items clickable in YUIMenu bar

  • prash_monte
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 8, 2009

      I am using the YUI(2.8.0) menu bar using JScript to create the top level navigation bar in my application. I have received feedback that rather than having the sub-menus displayed on roll-over, users would prefer to specifically click the menu item to view the sub menu items.

      Is there a way that the YUImenubar can be customised to work "onClick" rather than on roll over?

      Regards,
      Prashant
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 9, 2009
        Prashant -

        The following example is my recommended way to accomplish that sort of
        functionality:

        http://www.yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v280/examples/button/example01.html

        - Todd

        On Nov 8, 2009, at 9:56 PM, prash_monte wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I am using the YUI(2.8.0) menu bar using JScript to create the top
        > level navigation bar in my application. I have received feedback
        > that rather than having the sub-menus displayed on roll-over, users
        > would prefer to specifically click the menu item to view the sub
        > menu items.
        >
        > Is there a way that the YUImenubar can be customised to work
        > "onClick" rather than on roll over?
        >
        > Regards,
        > Prashant

      • prash_monte
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 10, 2009
          Thanks for the prompt reply Todd.

          Isn't there a simpler way of configuring the menu bar to display sub-menus on click rather than on roll-over?
          Im asking this because I construct the JSON for the menu bar dynamically. I already have this implementation in place and making the changes you have suggested will mean changing the entire implementation.

          Is there a work-around that I can use?

          Regards,
          Prashant

          > Prashant -
          >
          > The following example is my recommended way to accomplish that sort of
          > functionality:
          >
          > http://www.yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v280/examples/button/example01.html
          >
          > - Todd
          >
          > On Nov 8, 2009, at 9:56 PM, prash_monte wrote:
          >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I am using the YUI(2.8.0) menu bar using JScript to create the top
          > > level navigation bar in my application. I have received feedback
          > > that rather than having the sub-menus displayed on roll-over, users
          > > would prefer to specifically click the menu item to view the sub
          > > menu items.
          > >
          > > Is there a way that the YUImenubar can be customised to work
          > > "onClick" rather than on roll over?
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > > Prashant

        • Todd Kloots
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 10, 2009
            Prashant -

            Unfortunately there is no simpler way. That said, the JSON for each
            Button's Menu shouldn't be that different as Button uses Menu for its
            menus.

            - Todd