Re: [ydn-javascript]

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 3, 2009
      Ok, I think I understand.

      All values for the DataTable come from the Recordset and any changes
      should go there as well so, you should add the "category" dropdown using
      the standard dropdown and setting the dropdown options to reflect the
      three possible states: support, feature and bug. If the database
      contains other values to encode those options then you should use an
      array of label, value objects:

      dropdownOptions:['support','feature','bug']

      or

      dropdownOptions:[{label:'support',value:1},{label:'feature',value:2},{label:'bug',value:3}]

      whichever is the case. Then, to update the record when the dropdown
      selection is changed:

      myDataTable.on('dropdownChangeEvent',function (oArgs) {
      var target = oArgs.target,
      column = this.getColumn(target),
      record = this.getRecord(target);

      record.setData(column.key, target .options[target
      .selectedIndex].value);
      });

      Then, from anywhere else, you can read the value of the dropdown by
      checking the Record object for that column:

      record.getData('category');

      since the dropdown will always keep it updated.

      Satyam