Reordering of rows with in a datatable

  • nagaraj
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 3, 2009
      Hi All,

      I encountered a problem when i try to reorder rows with in a datatable below are the threads where i have illustrated the problem elaborately can any one have a look into?

      Thanks in Advance!
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 2009
        I know you've been asking this for quite a while and you have provided a
        lot of information, but it would be easier if you make a working example
        available in a public place, not just the code, but a really working
        example and instructions on how to reproduce the issue. As you have
        noticed, nobody has much time to go through pages and pages of
        JavaScript code.

        Satyam

        nagaraj escribió:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > I encountered a problem when i try to reorder rows with in a datatable below are the threads where i have illustrated the problem elaborately can any one have a look into?

        > Thanks in Advance!

      • nagaraj
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2009
          Hi Satyam!

          Thanks for replying.. here is the link for working example:

          http://linuxfreaks.in/yui/

          with in which i have wrote steps to reproduce my problem(Just below the datatable)

          Please let me know if i am messy anywhere.

          though you guys are busy,you answer to every thread with lots of patience.

          i really respect you guys!

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2009
            I am not sure if this is all the story, perhaps there is some other
            issue elsewhere but in the sample you provided below, the problem is
            simple. When in startDrag you copy the HTML for the row into the
            innerHTML of the proxy, you are copying the <input> element with its
            id. When you list them, this <input> element, which remains floating
            around, invisible, in the page, is the one that the browser picks over
            the new element with the same id in the new position. If you list the
            values contained in the table Recordset, you will see they are in the
            right order.

            In all cases, you should rely on the information in the Recordset and
            make sure to keep that info up to date at all times, because that is the
            information the DataTable operates upon.

            Satyam