Accordion widget (marco) - collapsing one accordion menu when another is opened

  • rolfsf
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2009
      I've just started using Marco's accordion widget (http://www.i-marco.nl/weblog/yui-accordion/) and have a question...

      I have two different accordion sets - accordion1 and accordion2. Both are configured identically:

      accordion1 = new YAHOO.widget.AccordionView('accordion01', {collapsible: true, width:'100%', animationSpeed: '0.3', animate: true, effect: YAHOO.util.Easing.easeBothStrong});

      accordion2 = new YAHOO.widget.AccordionView('accordion02', {collapsible: true, width:'100%', animationSpeed: '0.3', animate: true, effect: YAHOO.util.Easing.easeBothStrong});

      Though I've got 2 accordions, I only want a max of one accordion panel open at a time, so if a panel is open in accordion1 and I click to expand a panel in accordion2, I want accordion1 to collapse first.

      Is there an easy way to accomplish that?

      Thanks
    • rolfsf
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2009
        bump

        Can anyone offer a tip for this?

        Thanks

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "rolfsf" <rolfsf@...> wrote:

        > I've just started using Marco's accordion widget (http://www.i-marco.nl/weblog/yui-accordion/) and have a question...
        >
        > I have two different accordion sets - accordion1 and accordion2. Both are configured identically:
        >
        > accordion1 = new YAHOO.widget.AccordionView('accordion01', {collapsible: true, width:'100%', animationSpeed: '0.3', animate: true, effect: YAHOO.util.Easing.easeBothStrong});
        >
        > accordion2 = new YAHOO.widget.AccordionView('accordion02', {collapsible: true, width:'100%', animationSpeed: '0.3', animate: true, effect: YAHOO.util.Easing.easeBothStrong});
        >
        > Though I've got 2 accordions, I only want a max of one accordion panel open at a time, so if a panel is open in accordion1 and I click to expand a panel in accordion2, I want accordion1 to collapse first.
        >
        > Is there an easy way to accomplish that?
        >
        > Thanks

      • Martin Kamerbeek
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2009
          I haven't tried this out at all, but my guess from skimming the API docs
          is that you'd attach an event listener to the panelOpen event of both
          accordions that closes all the open panels in both of em.

          The API is here:
          http://www.i-marco.nl/weblog/yui-accordion/docs/YAHOO.widget.AccordionView.html

          Martin