hide column

  • bahalul kabir
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2009
      Hi satyam  Thanx for previous suggestion.I solved that.

      I have table like for example :   ID,subject,delete
      I do not want to show ID.But I need it in my code.
      How can I hide ID column.
      code:
      {key:"id", label:"ID", sortable:true},
      {key:"subject", label:"Subject", sortable:true,formatter:YAHOO.widget.DataTable.formatSubject},
      {key:"delete", label:"Delete", className:"delete-button"}

      var support_datasourse = new YAHOO.util.DataSource("index.php?show=ajax&module=support&category='.$category.'&status='.$status.'&");
          support_datasourse.responseType = YAHOO.util.DataSource.TYPE_JSON;
          support_datasourse.responseSchema =
          {
              resultsList: "records",
              fields: [
                  {key:"id", parser:"number"},
                  {key:"subject"}

              ],
              metaFields: {
                  totalRecords: "totalRecords" // Access to value in the server response
              }
          };

      U can give me some more useful article,documentation ,if available.
      Kabir.

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2009
        Don't list it in the column definitions. Keep in the fields definition
        so you can access it in the Record. That is why there is a fields
        definition in the DataSource and a columndefs for the DataTable, one
        controls what gets into the recordset the other what is shown.

        bahalul kabir escribió:

        > Hi satyam Thanx for previous suggestion.I solved that.
        >
        > I have table like for example : ID,subject,delete
        > I do not want to show ID.But I need it in my code.
        > How can I hide ID column.
        > code:
        > {key:"id", label:"ID", sortable:true},
        > {key:"subject", label:"Subject",
        > sortable:true,formatter:YAHOO.widget.DataTable.formatSubject},
        > {key:"delete", label:"Delete", className:"delete-button"}
        >

        > var support_datasourse = new
        > YAHOO.util.DataSource("index.php?show=ajax&module=support&category='.$category.'&status='.$status.'&");
        > support_datasourse.responseType = YAHOO.util.DataSource.TYPE_JSON;
        > support_datasourse.responseSchema =
        > {
        > resultsList: "records",
        > fields: [
        > {key:"id", parser:"number"},
        > {key:"subject"}
        >
        > ],
        > metaFields: {
        > totalRecords: "totalRecords" // Access to value in the
        > server response
        > }
        > };
        >

        > U can give me some more useful article,documentation ,if available.
        > Kabir.

      • bahalul kabir
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 29, 2009
          oh yes satyam.Thanx. I commented that line .May be that is why it does not work.
          Its ok now.Thanx.