Re: [ydn-javascript] cellClickEvent in datatable not firing in Internet Explorer 7/8

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 28, 2009
      The second argument has to be a function, not an expression.

      sDataTable.subscribe('cellClickEvent', function () {alert("hi");});

      juliebonniedaisy escribió:
      > I am unable to get cellClickEvent to fire in IE7 or 8 but it works fine in Firefox. Any ideas please?
      >
      > sDataTable.subscribe('cellClickEvent', alert("hi"););
      >

      > http://codepad.org/GJkXWAZN

    • juliebonniedaisy
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 28, 2009
        It's working fine with
        sDataTable.subscribe('cellClickEvent', function() { alert("hi") };);
        thank you.

        I was calling a function before when I ran into the problem. I tried clearing the cache in IE7 and IE8 but it still didn't fire. I'm not sure why it healed but it is now working.
        CTRL-F5 should clear their cache. yes ?

        Thanks for the great info.

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Christian Tiberg <ctiberg@...> wrote:

        > I usually do something like this:
        >
        > sDataTable.subscribe('cellClickEvent', function() { alert("hi") };);
        >
        > It seems like it works better if there's an actual function to call :)
        >
        > Best regards,
        > Christian Tiberg
        >

        > 2009/10/28 juliebonniedaisy <juliebonniedaisy@...>
        >

        > > I am unable to get cellClickEvent to fire in IE7 or 8 but it works fine in
        > > Firefox. Any ideas please?
        > >
        > > sDataTable.subscribe('cellClickEvent', alert("hi"););
        > >
        > > http://codepad.org/GJkXWAZN

      • juliebonniedaisy
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 29, 2009
          fwiw, i found that by setting IE to "Check for new versions of stored files" " Every time I visit the webpage" that it fixed my inability to clear the cache. Now the events fire as expected.

          http://www.vistax64.com/attachments/tutorials/1273d1232211700t-internet-explorer-temporary-internet-files-settings-history_settings.jpg