cellClickEvent in datatable not firing in Internet Explorer 7/8

  • juliebonniedaisy
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 28, 2009
      I am unable to get cellClickEvent to fire in IE7 or 8 but it works fine in Firefox. Any ideas please?

      sDataTable.subscribe('cellClickEvent', alert("hi"););

      http://codepad.org/GJkXWAZN
    • Christian Tiberg
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 28, 2009
        I usually do something like this:

        sDataTable.subscribe('cellClickEvent', function() { alert("hi") };);

        It seems like it works better if there's an actual function to call :)

        Best regards,
         Christian Tiberg

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 28, 2009
          The second argument has to be a function, not an expression.

          juliebonniedaisy escribió:
          > I am unable to get cellClickEvent to fire in IE7 or 8 but it works fine in Firefox. Any ideas please?
          >
          > sDataTable.subscribe('cellClickEvent', alert("hi"););
          >

          > http://codepad.org/GJkXWAZN

        • juliebonniedaisy
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 28, 2009
            It's working fine with
            sDataTable.subscribe('cellClickEvent', function() { alert("hi") };);
            thank you.

            I was calling a function before when I ran into the problem. I tried clearing the cache in IE7 and IE8 but it still didn't fire. I'm not sure why it healed but it is now working.
            CTRL-F5 should clear their cache. yes ?

            Thanks for the great info.

            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Christian Tiberg <ctiberg@...> wrote:

            > I usually do something like this:
            >
            > sDataTable.subscribe('cellClickEvent', function() { alert("hi") };);
            >
            > It seems like it works better if there's an actual function to call :)
            >
            > Best regards,
            > Christian Tiberg
            >

            > 2009/10/28 juliebonniedaisy <juliebonniedaisy@...>
            >

            > > I am unable to get cellClickEvent to fire in IE7 or 8 but it works fine in
            > > Firefox. Any ideas please?
            > >
            > > sDataTable.subscribe('cellClickEvent', alert("hi"););
            > >
            > > http://codepad.org/GJkXWAZN

          • juliebonniedaisy
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 29, 2009
              fwiw, i found that by setting IE to "Check for new versions of stored files" " Every time I visit the webpage" that it fixed my inability to clear the cache. Now the events fire as expected.

              http://www.vistax64.com/attachments/tutorials/1273d1232211700t-internet-explorer-temporary-internet-files-settings-history_settings.jpg