RTE: trying to merge the dialog and code editor example

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 27, 2009

      I'm trying to merge the code editor example into the dialog example of the RTE 2.7.0b
      Should this be possible to do ?
      At the moment after my cut and paste of the code editor code
      the editcodeClick function dies on the call to Dom.removeClass(iframe, 'editor-hidden');
      I guess I've done something wrong :)
      So if some kind soul could point me in the right direction that would be wonderful.

      Thanks Tim.
    • Matt
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 28, 2009

        Hard to say without code - if you can post a snippet somewhere it's easier to tell.

        Looking briefly at the examples I wonder if it's either Dom is not defined in the scope of the method (easy to test: add a var Dom = YAHOO.util.Dom at the top of the function), or a scope problem. I'd put in a console.log( iframe ) before the removeClass call and see what it's getting.

        If it's not that then some code will definitely be needed!

        Matt

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Tim" <tbrown@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm trying to merge the code editor example into the dialog example of the RTE 2.7.0b
        > Should this be possible to do ?
        > At the moment after my cut and paste of the code editor code
        > the editcodeClick function dies on the call to Dom.removeClass(iframe, 'editor-hidden');
        > I guess I've done something wrong :)
        > So if some kind soul could point me in the right direction that would be wonderful.
        >
        > Thanks Tim.

      • Tim
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 29, 2009
          Hi Matt,

          Thanks for the reply, unintelligent cut and paste was the problem :(
          So I now get the textarea to appear but in IE 7 it's its the wrong
          size (ok in Firefox).
          It looks as if IE uses the space between the bottom of the editor window and the dialog buttons to decide how big to make the textarea.
          So I'm now looking at putting code edit mode in yet another dialog window which is a pain but I guess its the only way.

          Tim.