Re: Regarding the Reorder Rows with Drag and Drop in a datatable

  • nagaraj
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 25, 2009
      Here is the link of the code that i am writing for drag and drop of rows
      with in a datatable (which is same as per
      "http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/dt_ddrows.html" ):

      http://pastebin.com/m38f55db7

      Version of YUI : 2.7
      Browsers : Firefox - 3.0.10 and IE 6.0
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional version 2002,
      Service Pack 2

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "nagaraj" <manne_swiss@...>
      wrote:

> [...]
      > > in such a way that I need to re-order the datatable rows,where the
      > rows
      > > consists of textboxes where usercan enter the desired text…

      > > With the help of example mentioned in
      > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/dt_ddrows.html
      > > Â I am able to achieve the drag and drop
      > > feature successfully..but
      > >
      > > 1.When I try to click on any of the text boxes I am unable
      > > to see the cursor in it..

      > > 2.And I too have the sequence numbers to the rows of a
      > > datatable..when I try to drag and drop a particular row it need to
      > change the
      > > sequence number according to the location..for this I have done some
      > thing like
      > > this…

      > > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > > myDataTable.subscribe("rowAddEvent",function(e){
      > >
      > > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > Â Â
      > > var id = e.record.getId();
      > >
      > > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > Â Â
      > > myDTDrags[id] = new YAHOO.example.DDRows(id);
      > >
      > > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > Â Â
      > > myDataTable.render();
      > >
      > > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > Â Â
      > > var i, id,
      > >
      > > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > Â Â Â Â Â Â allRows = this.getTbodyEl().rows;
      > >
      > > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > Â replacableArray=this.getTbodyEl().rows;
      > >
      > > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > Â Â
      > > for(i=0; i<allRows.length; i++) {
      > >
      > > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > Â Â Â Â Â Â id = allRows[i].id;
      > >
      > > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > Â Â Â Â Â Â // Clean up any existing Drag
      > > instances
      > >
      > > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > Â Â Â Â Â Â if (myDTDrags[id]) {
      > >
      > > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > myDTDrags[id].unreg();
      > >
      > > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â delete
      > myDTDrags[id];
      > >
      > > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > Â Â Â Â Â Â }
      > >
      > > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > Â Â Â Â Â Â // Create a Drag instance for
      > > each row
      > >
      > > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > Â Â Â Â Â Â myDTDrags[id] = new
      > YAHOO.example.DDRows(id);
      > >
      > > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > Â Â
      > > }
      > >
      > > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > Â Â
      > >

      > > Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
      > > })

      > > Where I am rendering the datatable once again…and again
      > > creating the drag instance for each row..is there a better way to
      > handle this..

      > > Can any one help me out…

      > > Thanks in advance

      > > Keep up with people you care about with Yahoo! India Mail.
      Learn