Bug in row expansion example?

  • Janine
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2009
      I've been trying to implement the row expansion example, located here:

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/dt_rowexp_basic.html

      After much trial and error, it appears that the JS that the example gives (the part that you're not supposed to modify) does not use any configs that you pass to your DataTable. If I comment out the "initAttributes" function in the code it gives, and instead define the "rowExpansionTemplate" attribute directly in my configs hash (which I pass to my DataTable), it seems to work.

      It looks like the example code is supposed to apply any configs you give, but it's not. "oConfigs" does have the right stuff in it when I dump it out from there, but it's definitely not applying them (both the sortedBy and initialRequest configs I give do not get applied).

      What's the best way to fix this? I think what I did fixes it, but it seems like there should be a way to fix the JS the example gives. Any ideas?

      Thanks!