IE7 & doctype

  • fsuguinness
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2006
      I developed a page in IE6 using strict mode. The page has lots of
      drag and drop, panels, and animation effects. Everything works
      great. My problem is that I started testing the page in IE7 RC1 and
      the performace is really bad. Drag & drop is choppy as well my
      animation effects. If I take the doctype off the page and put it in
      quirks mode the speed is back to normal. Is this a problem with the
      YUI framework or IE7? I have looked at the YUI dragdrop examples in
      IE7 that are in strict mode and I have not been able to see any speed
      issues. I am kind of stumped on what could be causing the problem.