Can we add an blank row to the dynamic datatable?

  • nagaraj
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2009
      My requirement is some thing like this :

      i have implemented auto-complete to the datatable and it worked fine..i wish to keep the search box(filter) inside the datatable is that possible?

      instead of keeping the search filter just above the datatable can i integrate it within the datatable itself by adding another dummy row and placing it within that row.

      Note: the datatable consists of dynamic data and server side pagination too..as i navigate to the next page the dummy row needs to be shown always at the top.

      Can this be achieved ? if so please help me out.

      Thanks Much
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2009
        I guess that you could add an extra TBODY section to the DataTable, just
        as the DataTable already has a message tbody and a data tbody. The
        DataTable shouldn't trouble you with your custom tbody since internally
        it keeps references to its two tbodies so it is not looking for them in
        the DOM each time it needs them, yours should be ignored.

        Satyam