YUI menubar: Drop down is being covered by Yahoo.widget.Panel

  • prash_monte
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2009
      Hi All,

      In my page, in addition to the YUI menubar I also have a
      Yahoo.widget.Panel. When I rollover a menu item, the drop down that
      appears is partially covered by the overlay Panel.

      Is there any way to prevent this so that the menu drop down is always
      displayed on top of the Panel?

      Regards,
      Prashant
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2009
        Prashant -

        Menu inherits Overlay's "bringToTop" method which you can call in
        response to the "show" event of a submenu to ensure it is on top.
        Here is some sample code:

        myMenuBar.subscribe("show", function () {

        if (this.parent) {
        this.bringToTop();
        }

        });

        Additionally, I would recommend reading this section of the Overlay
        landing page for further reading:
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/container/overlay/#stack

        - Todd

        On Oct 6, 2009, at 10:57 AM, prash_monte wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > In my page, in addition to the YUI menubar I also have a
        > Yahoo.widget.Panel. When I rollover a menu item, the drop down that
        > appears is partially covered by the overlay Panel.
        >
        > Is there any way to prevent this so that the menu drop down is always
        > displayed on top of the Panel?
        >
        > Regards,
        > Prashant

      • prash_monte
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 6, 2009
          Thanks Todd ! This worked !

          I will read through the link that you have sent. There's still a lot for me to learn in YUI. :)

          Regards,
          Prashant