Re: YUIMenuBar: Adding "id" to the anchor tag for each menu item.

  • prash_monte
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 6, 2009

      Just a little more clarification. I am creating the menu bar using JSON and Javascript.

      Regards,
      Prashant

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "prash_monte" <prash_monte@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Is it possible to add an id to the anchor tag of each menu item in the YUI menu bar?
      > This is required for automated testing of my website.
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      > Regards,
      > Prashant

    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2009
        Prashant -

        The easiest way to add an id to the anchor of each item would be via a
        "render" event listener:

        myMenuBar.subscribe("render", function () {

        var items = this.getItems(),
        anchor;

        for (var i=0, nItems = items.length; i<nItems; i++) {

        anchor = items[i].element.firstChild;

        YAHOO.util.Dom.generateId(anchor);

        }

        });

        - Todd

        On Oct 6, 2009, at 2:13 AM, prash_monte wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Just a little more clarification. I am creating the menu bar using
        > JSON and Javascript.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Prashant
        >
        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "prash_monte"
        > <prash_monte@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Hi,
        >>
        >> Is it possible to add an id to the anchor tag of each menu item in
        >> the YUI menu bar?
        >> This is required for automated testing of my website.
        >>
        >> Thanks in advance,
        >> Regards,
        >> Prashant

      • prash_monte
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2009
          Thanks Todd ! That worked for me.

          Since an id is already defined for the menu item in the JSON, is there a possibility that the id that is applied to the <li> could be automatically applied to the anchor as well, rather than having to implement the function you have mentioned below?

          Or is there a specific reason that this was not done?

          Regards,
          Prashant

          > Prashant -
          >
          > The easiest way to add an id to the anchor of each item would be via a
          > "render" event listener:
          >
          > myMenuBar.subscribe("render", function () {
          >
          > var items = this.getItems(),
          > anchor;
          >
          > for (var i=0, nItems = items.length; i<nItems; i++) {
          >
          > anchor = items[i].element.firstChild;
          >
          > YAHOO.util.Dom.generateId(anchor);
          >
          > }
          >
          > });
          >
          > - Todd
          >
          > On Oct 6, 2009, at 2:13 AM, prash_monte wrote:
          >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > Just a little more clarification. I am creating the menu bar using
          > > JSON and Javascript.
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > > Prashant
          > >
          > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "prash_monte"
          > > <prash_monte@> wrote:
          > >>
          > >> Hi,
          > >>
          > >> Is it possible to add an id to the anchor tag of each menu item in
          > >> the YUI menu bar?
          > >> This is required for automated testing of my website.
          > >>
          > >> Thanks in advance,
          > >> Regards,
          > >> Prashant

        • Todd Kloots
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 7, 2009
            The id of the of the menuitem's li shouldn't be applied to the anchor
            as well because ids need to be unique. You are the first to request
            the need to apply an id to the anchor. Is there a reason why you
            can't use the id on the anchor's parent <LI>? If you've got a valid
            use case it might be something we can add in a future version of YUI.

            - Todd